Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Afternoon at the Movies


“I am the resurrection and life; whoever believes in me even if he dies will live, and every one who lives and believes in me will never die” (Jn 11:23-25)

You know that special feeling inside your heart when you feel His presence?
You know that feeling- when its warm and full and perfect.
Sr Helena would have told me it was the Holy Ghost..and it is.

It is a unique God feeling.For me,it only comes on when I am thinking of Him.

It doesn't happen every time I pray or think of Him.

It's like the smell of fresh rain- only better.

You have to work on it, to get that God feeling.
It is unexpected.
It is infrequent.
It is The Best.
Sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't.
But when it does..
Heaven-
a sneak peak-from Him.

The movie GODSPELL is an easy way for me to get me that special God feeling-like riding a bike with training wheels- you can ride fast and free with those training wheels.

Godspell gets me every time.
I know it wasn't a huge hit- but it should have been.
I remember going out to the theater on opening day so I could see it. The cast: Victor Garber as Jesus Christ David Haskell as Judas / John Jerry Sroka as Jerry Lynne Thigpen as Lynne Katie Hanley as Katie Robin Lamont as Robin Merre.
What movie does IT for you?




It's so comforting to know that we will be with Him and all those we love but have passed, when we die..in Heaven..forever.

Happy,Happy Easter.


photo courtesy of Flickr DLeroy

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not I have never seen this movie. I will have to put it in my netflix selections.

    ReplyDelete

Comment HERE