Thursday, October 15, 2009

O Sole' Mia

I just made the best pizza of my entire life...

Im not a big pizza maker, but I have made homemade pizzas on occasion. And I grew up on Grandma M's authentic Tuscan pizza.

THIS topped them all.

Well, maybe not Grandm M's ..
I felt like I  was in Italy.
 Bellissimo.

What kind was it  do you say?

Clam Pizza.


I know.
My hubby was not too thrilled when I told him yesterday that tonight's menu was Clam Pizza.
He is very thrilled now- and that is saying much- if you know my hubby.


Here's the recipe I used from the Food Network.

I fudged a bit with the instructions. I  do have a pizza stone so what I did was heat up the stone at 500 degrees till I was ready to cook.But I don't have a pizza peel- no sweat.. I  carefully took the stone out of the oven and gingerly spread olive oil on it with Reynold's Wrap. I then sprinkled it with corm meal.

I did get store made pizza dough-in the fridge section.And I used shredded mozzarella.
 Make Sure you put down the corn meal- it really makes a difference.

 I also used fresh minced clams(not canned) from the Best Seafood Store in Westchester County, New York- Mt. Kisco Seafood. I added some fresh proscuitto on my own.The recipe calls for fresh arugula and lemons which really made it over the top, as well as a sprinkling of red pepper flakes. 

This pizza- I cannot stop talking about it. It was PERFECT.. And I do not do perfect often..

1 comment:

  1. Oh that pizza looks so yummy!

    Please stop by and enter my Halloween giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Comment HERE