Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh What A Boo-Ti-Ful Day




                   Happy Halloweenie


I make THE  BEST pumpkin bread, if I do say so myself...
I use the recipe from McCAll's Cookbook, given to me by my mother for my wedding shower- the book is falling apart- which makes me love it even more..



The trick is to add 1 1/2 times the amount of pumpkin that the recipe calls for.


It's so easy. Even Betty Boop and Bruno think so...



Trick or treat!

Finger Lickin' Pumpkin Bread

1Lb Pumpkin puree( I use 1 1/2 times that much)
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour(sifted)
1 tbls. Pumkin Pie Spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 sticks salted butter-softened

Preheat the oven to 325

In mixer, blend butter till creamy. Add sugar till well blended, then eggs- one at a time, then pumpkin. When all smooth a bootiful, add the dry ingredients.
Bale for approx 1 hour- but check it might take a little more time.
It will make 2 loaf pans worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE