Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Afternoon at the Movies

 In honor of All Saint's Day..

One of my all time favorite movies.. The Song of Bernadette.


It won 4 Oscars in 1943
Best Actress-Jennifer Jones
Best Cinematography Arthur C. Miller
Best Music Alfred Newman
Best Art Direction James Basevi,William S Darling,Thomas Little

In a time of hopelessness, the movie was an inspiration to so many.

It still is.

Everytime I watch, it fills me with the hope and love of our Blessed Mother. Many a time, as a young girl, I would pray on my knees to please let me see the Blessed Mother, as St Bernadette did.. as my sis Peg would pray fervently- "Please don't apper to me. please don't appear.."


Why aren't there more inspirational movies made out there for our children- and us to watch and be inspired by???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE