Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grand Garden

There is nothing like gardening with a little one.

Just like spring itself, the pure smell of fresh dirt,the seeds and the flowers, it comes again and again and is just as beautiful the third time around as the first.



The first, of course, was when I was a little one and I would follow my dad around as he planted the marigolds,fertilized the peonies and tended to the roses. All was topped off by a fluffy cushion of sweetly scented cocoa shells.

When I was a bit older, I was able to appreciate Grandma M's petunias with their sticky,sticky flowers and pungent smell. I'd play with the snapdragons, and would maneuver their flower mouths to open and close in a flowery chat.

Then I had my own little ones and my very own garden.

The first year was a disaster.

But I learned and was hooked. I smothered my flowers with cocoa shells and was back in time. I dug up a garden in the shape of a turtle and called it The Turtle Garden for the boys(Ninja lovers were they) and a Heart Garden was dug for the girls. I was WAY more interested in the whole thing then they were.

We will see which one of them will take to it, like I did, when they have their own garden to tend.

Now it is Grand Girl's turn.
And she loves it....

Gotta have your gardening outfit on- pink gingham apron, sparkle shoes, tights, and the most important green stick to make the seed rows...



We planted Fairy Tale Pumpkin Seeds for my very own Princess; Zinnias with wonderful names- Polar Bear, Crayon Colors and Granny's Bouquet and the cutest fluffy Honey Bear Sunflower seeds...

Carefully pour the seeds into the hand...



Sprinkle with love...



Sparkle princess shoes add the magic touch all seeds need...



What a pretty Grand Girl Garden to be...

2 comments:

Comment HERE