Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Afternoon at the Movies

Have you seen McLintock?



I'm not a big western movie sort of gal.
I only have a few Westerns that I love- but then again I haven't seen many because the interest is not there. But I do love love love Dance With Wolves (can't count how many times I've seen it).



I was thoroughly fascinated with The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford- wow- did Ben's little brother Casey Afflect give the performance of a lifetime in this movie and Brad Pitt is just-well Brad Pitt- even with dark hair


and
3:10 to Yuma(the remake) kept me on the edge of my seat.



But McLintock...

How many funny westerns are there?
Now that I think of it- there are LOADS!

There's Blazing Saddles- too raunchy for me. And City Slickers- a real hoot, and Calamity Jane-don't get me started on my love for Doris.



But McLintock...it's one of those movies I can't stop watching once I find it while channel surfing. That John Wayne -Maureen O"Hara chemistry is just pure magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE