Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Afternoon At The Movies

I thought to myself "what is fitting for a Mother's Day Sunday Afternoon At The Movies"... GYPSY won-a resounding hands down victory in my mind...

I was first introduced to GYPSY when I was a young girl. My mother insisted we watch it. I was HOOKED. I think that Gypsy is the perfect musical and might be the best musical of all times. I adore Rosalind Russel, with her imperfect voice and svelte figure- No Ethel Merman was she. And darling Natalie Wood, another one of my favorite actresses- she is breathtaking in this role. Never mind that it is based on the true story of Gypsy Rose Lee, the most famous stripper of the 20th century. It is still good, clean family fun.

My love for GYPSY has never died and I in turn shared it with my own daughters when I became a mother. They would regale me with their imitations of Gypsy and Louise when they were little girls. My baby girl loved to tease me, and still does, by calling me Mama Rose. Maybe she was right all along..I do have a bit of Mama Rose in me..but what mother doesn't?

Have a great Mothers Day... and if you get a chance.. watch my all time favorite Mother movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE