Sunday, October 5, 2008

NIENIE the beginning

I think this is a perfect Sunday post....

This is one of Stephanie Nielson's first posts in the NieNie Dialogues. It is my favorite. It is so inspiring. I'm sure you will feel the same...Click here for the post on her blog.




"Thursday, September 15, 2005
Nie Nie: on being Proud

I can sincerely come up with thousands of reasons why I am proud. I decided to come up with a few vital reasons to share. (Not in any particular order)
I looked up other words that mean ‘proud’ and words like arrogant, conceited, puffed-up, pompous, self-righteous and bigheaded came up. I hope I don’t come off that way…but if I do, I still am proud of this list.
I am proud to say I married the most amazing man on the planet.
I am proud that my husband is SO dang good looking.
I come from the great land of America. How truly blessed I am that I was born here where dreams can be achieved. I am proud to be an American.



I am proud that Christian cuts my hair-no charge (and since I don’t have any money it works out really great, because we find other ways of payment.)
I am proud that after high school I fell in love and got married
I am proud that I was born in such a large family and named after my father.
I am proud that I come from Utah.
I am proud that I am a Mormon-born and raised.
I am proud of my rich pioneer heritage.
I am proud that I breast-fed my first two children until the age of 15 months.
I am proud that I have loads of scrapbook albums for my family.
I am proud that I was a ski instructor at Sundance.
I am proud that I have never had a taste of any alcoholic beverage, never puffed tobacco, (or anything of the like) and desired or tried drugs.
I am proud to say I don’t own a R-rated movie- or watch them, for that matter.


I am proud that I had three children before turning the ripe old age of 23. I am proud to say that my husband is the only man that ever “knew” me.
I am proud and confident to say that Christian adores me for every reason possible.
I am proud of my curvy, athletic body that can support my desire to have children. (so is christian)
I am proud of my choice to put off school to have offspring.
I am proud that my father is a representative in the legislature in Utah and fights for values.
I am proud that my family thrives on a vegetarian diet. I am proud of my colorful walls in my house.
I am proud that all five of my brothers and one sister went on missions for the church and one sister serving now in England.
I am proud of my in-laws for having eleven children who are all excellent citizens.
I am proud that I drink distilled water. (Credited to the in-laws)
I am proud to say my favorite holiday is Halloween.
I am proud of my whole wheat pizza’s I make every Saturday night for my family.
I am proud of President Bush, and proud to say I think he is doing a good job.


To conclude, I can directly say: I am proud of this list."


To read more click here. You can donate to the right . And just as important, you can pray for her and her Mr Nielson and her family wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE