Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SLURPPP

I am so thrilled...




It doesn't take much to get me thrilled..
Thanks to my dearie neighbor/friend/sister Claudia, I have found the paper straws I was longing for.

I love drinking out of a straw.


Don't you?
But my eco-conscious brain always makes me feel guilty using those plastic straws and I only use them for emergencies- sick tummies, fevers, milk shakes and grand girl adventures.


And besides, it's just not the same- that plastic against your tongue and teeth. Remember the paper straws??

How they would sort of disintegrate after awhile at the bottom and it was hard to get the rest of the milkshake out?

But I didn't care.

I loved those straws.

And I didn't realise how much till they were no longer around.

Many a time I have searched down the grocery aisle, looking for paper straws, to no avail.
I've looked in big chain stores and tiny mom and pop stores.

No paper straws to be had..

Did you know that paper starws were invented in 1888 by Marvin Stone?

Thank you Marvin Stone.

He came up with the idea while his company was making cigarette holders!!!!!

He made the straws by twining strips of paper around a pencil and gluing it together. He then tweaked it and added paraffin-coated paper so they would not be soggy. Needless to say- it was a hit . He then went on to make the first machine for making straws in 1906 and the rest is history.

Aardvark Paper Straws are a direct descendant of the Marvin Stone's company . And they are made for today- sturdier and eco friendly.

Now I can slurp away to my hearts content.

It's $33 for 400.. I am SO THERE.

Aardvark Straws.. Love them...

I will let ya'll know once they arrive how divine they truly are.

Thank you Claudia!!!

photos by flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE