Thursday, July 30, 2009

RuN gIRl rUn

"AHHHH Sweet mystery of life at last I've found you..."




That's how I feel about this here book.You know I have a pile of books I'm in the middle of reading and another pile of books on tape. Well this one here kicked the others clean across town.

You know those kind of books..
The ones you can't put down but you have to because you don't want it to end.
The one that you think of right before you fall asleep and right when you wake up in the morning.

A huh.

MmmHmmm.

It's one of those.

Ya'll must run, don't walk to the bookstore and buy yourself this book.

I just love it.

I am in a quandary though...I'm listening to it, not reading it. It is one of the best audio books I have EVER listened to. It well right may be the best ever.

So I kinda think you should get both- like me. Listening to it is like listening by the fire to the radio, before TV. But you got to have the book to keep on your shelf and underline your favorite passages..of which there will be many.

Kathryn Stockett has written a treasure. It takes on a very serious topic, that of the relationship between Southern whites and their maids in the 60's. It was a way of life that is hopefully long gone.She is able to make it touching,disturbing and funny all at once.

Click HERE to read all about Kathryn and how she came to write the book after 9/11 to comfort herself. How she stopped counting the rejections after 45. How art imitates life.How the cover was supposed to be this




but was considered too controversial for America so it is the cover in the UK, but not here...


Phhhewwww..

Back to listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE