Monday, February 9, 2009

Doggy Do Do

Since the past ten days for me have meant bathrooms, ginger ale and kleenex's, I thought it fitting to give you a tour of one of my favorite rooms in my home.

I came up with the decorating idea a few days after we welcomed our newest addition, Betty Boop, who was a rescue dog.



My hubby didn't want her sleeping in our bed (he'd been away when I got her and of course she was in the bed). I couldn't let her sleep in the kitchen with the other two- she was able to jump over the fence.

So my son suggested putting her in the powder room, which I did, with a nightlight and a dog bed. She barked and howled and barked and howled for 3 straight hours. I finally couldn't take it any longer. When I let her out, I felt SO BAD. She was so traumatized. She also tore apart the bathroom- the wallpaper was in shreds, and the molding on the door ripped off the wall. Luckily she was not injured.



What a BAD idea.... especially for a new dog who was completely attached to me and who had been traumatized and living with us for just 3 days.

So in her honor-I decorated it with her and the other two pooches in my mind..

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!! I've got all three in the bed now--and Adam too, of course. Time for another writers session!

    ReplyDelete

Comment HERE