Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Afternoon at the Movies

It's Oscar Day!!

I'm in LALA land and everything is about Mr Oscar.
My FAVORITE Oscar is this one right here...



Mr Baby Oskar himself.
But I wouldn't mind having the other Oscar in our household someday as well.

What Oscar day would be complete without singing the praises of the all time masterpiece of cinema and favorite of mine,GONE WITH THE WIND.

If you haven't seen it I say WHAT??

I'll never forget the first time I saw it...It was the summer of 1970 and my mother took me to see GWTW in the movie theater- all by myself- without any of my other siblings. It was one of the most special days I have ever spent with her.

Remember how it was shown each year in the movie theater? Remember the intermission in the middle of the movie- where you would run out and get more popcorn and go to the loo?

What's your favorite scene?? I certainly cannot say-too hard to choose.

So instead, here is Vivien Leigh's screen test with Hattie McDaniel- both who won Oscars for the role.




Miss Leigh's beautiful acceptance speech...


Ms Haddie McDaniel's moving acceptance speech.What a true lady she was.



Oh...and if you haven't read the book-do so. it doesn't matter if you saw the movie- its just as good if not better and there is much more to it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE