OH MY!!!!!!I'm banana's over this...
Paulu Deen's frozen banana split- made with ice cream sandwiches from the freezer section of the grocery store, caramel, chocolate, bananas,nuts,cherries and whipped cream....Her recipes of late are out of control delicious.
SO EASY to make..takes about 15 minutes. Just need 4 hours to let it sit...This is a keeper.
Frozen Banana Split
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
10 to 12 servings
* 24 ice-cream sandwiches, unwrapped
* 6 medium bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
* 1 (12.25-ounce) jar hot-fudge sauce
* 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
* 1 (8-ounce) package milk chocolate covered toffee bits, divided
* 1 (12.25-ounce) jar butterscotch ice-cream topping
* 1 can whipped cream
Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Place half of ice-cream sandwiches evenly over bottom of pan, completely covering bottom, cutting sandwiches to fit, if necessary. Top evenly with banana slices. Pour hot fudge sauce over bananas. Top with cherries and 1/2 of the toffee bits and pour butterscotch evenly on top. Layer with remaining ice cream sandwiches and spread whipped topping over sandwiches; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from pan, using foil handles. Cut into squares and serve.
photo by furryscaly/flickr