Thursday, February 26, 2009

I need a drink


I'm sorry but I'm having one of those days...

Here are some favorites that might "WET" your appetite.Perfect for parties.

White Sangria
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
1 peach or apple- cut up
1/2 cantaloupe balled
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs lime juice
1 bottle white wine

Combine all but wine for at least an hour. Add wine . Serve . Delish.

Pineapple and Rum Punch

1 very ripe pineapple peeled,cored and cut up
1/1/2 cups water
1 /2 cups gold rum
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbs fresh lime juice

2 cups cubed pineapple


Combine first 5 ingredients in a large pitcher and MASH several times with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Cover and chill overnight. Strain mixture and transfer solids to a blender/processor and coarsely chop.Strain once again- pressing to get all juice out. Pour strained pineapple punch back in pitcher- add 2 cups of cut up pineapples to punch and serve.

Can you imagine my Grandma M used to give this to my sisters and I when we would sleep over her house. it was our bedtime drink!!That's old world Italian for you. I gotta tell you it was yummy then and is yummy now..

Night Night Nog

1/2 cup Sweet Vermouth
1 tsp sugar
1 FRESH egg

Crack the egg and put in a small bowl with the sugar. Whip till blended. Add Vermouth and some ice.



Even though I need one I cant have one since I'm on Weight Watchers( and losing as I type) ...

This will be my glass soon though


Nope. This is more me...


CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE