Friday, September 5, 2008

Mama Mia

I'm a little overwhelmed this week with three grand dogs visiting and one houseguest-dog so I'm gonna jut slack off and add a tiny bit about two of my favorite things-

This just in from a fan, other than me, of Sarah Palin ...Sorry
Col and Trish, I love this..


My taters are growing strong again-Im looking forward to many nights of mashed potatoes- my drug of choice.I found this recipe on the More than Burnt Toast blogspot (click here)- which is really good. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

Yummy Potatoe Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup grated red Leicester cheese (I use old Cheddar)
2 cups cooked, mashed potatoes
3/4 cup water
1 T oil

*************************
Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Sift the flour, salt, mustard powder and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Reserve 2 T of the grated cheese and stir the rest into the bowl with the mashed potatoes. Mix until well combined.
Pour in the water and the oil, and stir in all the ingredients together (the mixture will be wet at this stage). Mix them all to make a soft dough.
Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and shape it into an 8-inch round loaf.
Place the loaf on the cookie sheet and mark it into 4 portions with a knife, without cutting through. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
Bake the loaf in a preheated oven at 425F degrees for approximately 25 - 30 minutes.
Transfer the bread to a wire rack and let cool. This bread should be served as fresh as possible or toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE