Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boom Boom


My first attempt at seeing the fireworks with my grand girl ended before they began. Kailee was talking about "Boom Boom" all day but fizzled before the fireworks did. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I can't stop thinking bout food and most especially starch.Alexis Stewart's blog http://www.whateverradio.com/website/blogs.php is chock full of food. She has fantastic recipes on there (and a bit of nip/ tuck and other gossip as well). The art of how she presents her food is just as good as the recipe's- lots of desserts.If you are into lolligagging, like me- go through all her old posts as well- the food never stops. My favorite is starch of course.She calls it "Green Sauce for Rice" and says its "effing amazing". She's right on.

Green Sauce and Rice
Cook Rice and fluff
Add to a blender the following:
1 bunch of green scallions
1 large white onion (I omitted this)
I bunch of cilantro ( I don't like cilantro so I added a handful of cherry tomatoes instead)
3-4 tbs fresh lime juice
2 jalapenos with seeds( I omitted this)
2-3 jalapenos without seeds( I used bottled)
2 tsp salt
1 tbs olive oil
tomatillos( I omitted this and added 1/2 cup of Salsa verde from Trader Joe's)
INCREDIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE