Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You bug me

I must say, this killing of the Japanese beetles "organically" which means getting a jar, filling it with soapy water, putting on gloves (so you don't touch them- yuk) picking or shaking the bugs and letting them drown in the mixture- has been oddly rewarding.

I have found that morning and evening are the best times to grab them. During the day they are way too perky. It is a great feeling to maneuver a plant stalk towards the opening of the jar, gently tap the stalk and watch 3 or 4 fall into their death bath. I try not to look at them swimming around in there. That part is awful- but finding them- especially a whole orgy of them on one leaf and getting them in the jar is surprisingly thrilling.

I got to get a life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment HERE